Congratulations on your accepted internship or co-op offer. Below are the steps you will need to follow to report your offer.
Step #1: Report your offer in Handshake
- Login to Handshake via your MyUW
- Click on “Career Center” in the top navigation and select “Experiences” from the tiles below.
- Click on “Request an Experience”
Choose the Experience Type that works best for you specific offer. Options include:
FOR SPRING/FALL CO-OP:
- 2023 – Spring ONLY Co-op (Undergrad)
- 2023 – Spring to Summer CO-OP (Undergrad)
- 2023 – Summer to Fall CO-OP (Undergrad)
FOR SUMMER 2023 INTERNSHIP:
- 2023 – Summer Internship CREDIT (Undergrad)
- 2023 – Summer Internship NO CREDIT (Undergrad)
After selecting the correct Experience Type, follow the prompts to submit the required information
Reminder: Academic credit is a requirement for all Fall or Spring term co-ops. Summer credit is also required for all F-1 visa students.
If you are seeking credit, continue to Step #2-3
Step #2: Offer Letter
After you have clicked “submit” for your Experience Report, you will see your overview page
Click on “New Attachment” to upload your offer letter (blue button on left)
Title your attachment and upload the file by selecting “Create Attachment”.
Step #3: CO-OP Course Orientation
Attend a Co-op Course Orientation if you are starting your co-op in the Spring 2023 term.
All students who have reported a Spring 2023 will need to attend an orientation session
NOTE: All pre-scheduled orientations sessions have passed, please email Stephanie at email@example.com to determine next steps.
Orientation Sessions for Spring 2023 Co-op Students
- Thurs. Oct. 27 @ 4:00 PM – Rm. 175, 1410 Engr. Dr. Bldg
- Wed. Nov. 2 @ 5:00 PM – Rm. 175, 1410 Engr. Dr. Bldg
- Fri. Nov. 4 @ 2:00 PM – Rm. 175, 1410 Engr. Dr. Bldg
- Mon. Nov. 7 @ 5:00 PM – zoom (login to uwmadison zoom required)
- Thurs. Nov. 10 @ 3:30 PM – zoom (login to uwmadison zoom required)
- Wed. Nov. 16 @ 4:00 PM – zoom (login to uwmadison zoom required) *updated 11/15*
- Fri. Nov. 18 @ 11:00 AM – Rm. 175, 1410 Engr. Dr. Bldg
- Mon. December 5 @ 5:00 PM – Rm. 175, 1410 Engr. Dr. Bldg
- Thurs. December 8 @ 4:00 PM – Rm. 175, 1410 Engr. Dr. Bldg
- Thurs. December 15 @ Noon – Rm. 1610, Engineering Hall (study day!)
F-1 Visa Students: Please review the CPT process outlined on the ISS website. You will need to complete your CPT via Terra Dotta.
After steps 1-3 are completed, ECS staff will be in touch with you regarding internship/co-op course authorization & enrollment. If you have questions in the interim, please email Stephanie Salazar Kann at firstname.lastname@example.org