Congratulations on your accepted internship or co-op offer. Below are the steps you will need to follow to report your offer.
Step #1: Report your offer in Handshake
- Login to Handshake via your MyUW
- Click on “Career Center” in the top navigation and select “Experiences” from the tiles below.
- Click on “Request an Experience”
Choose the Experience Type that works best for you specific offer. Options include:
FOR SPRING/FALL CO-OP:
- 2022 – Spring ONLY Co-op (Undergrad)
- 2022 – Spring to Summer CO-OP (Undergrad)
- 2022 – Summer to Fall CO-OP (Undergrad)
- 2022 – Fall ONLY Co-op (Undergrad)
FOR SUMMER INTERNSHIP:
- 2022 – Summer Internship NO CREDIT (Undergrad)
- 2022 – Summer Internship CREDIT (Undergrad)
After selecting the correct Experience Type, follow the prompts to submit the required information
Reminder: Academic credit is a requirement for all Fall or Spring term co-ops. Summer credit is also required for all F-1 visa students.
If you are seeking academic credit, please continue to Steps #2-3.
Step #2: Offer Letter
After you have clicked “submit” for your Experience Report, you will see your overview page
Click on “New Attachment” to upload your offer letter (blue button on left)
Title your attachment and upload the file by selecting “Create Attachment”.
Step #3: Course Orientation
Attend a Co-op Course Orientation for
- 2022 – Spring to Summer CO-OP
- 2022 – Spring CO-OP
- NOTE: The orientation process for Summer-Fall 2022 Co-op and Fall 2022 ONLY Co-op will begin mid-March 2022 + beyond
Orientation Options for SPRING 2022 Co-op students :
This semester we will be offering a combination of virtual orientation session (via Zoom) and in person sessions. All students who have reported a Spring 2022 co-op term, will be notified of the schedule in addition to updates to this page.
2022 SPRING Co-op Orientation Sessions:
All scheduled sessions have passed. Please email Stephanie Salazar Kann at email@example.com for next steps.
Fri 10/29 @ 1:00 PM – Bldg. 1410, Rm. 175
Mon. 11/8 @ 6:00 PM – zoom
Tues. 11/9 @ 7:00 PM – zoom
Wed. 11/10 @ 5:00 PM – zoom
Tues. 11/16 @ noon – Bldg. 1410, Rm. 175
Sun. 11/21 @ 5:00 PM – Engr. Hall, Rm. 1610
Wed. 12/8 @ 7:00 PM – zoom
Fri. 12/10 @ noon – Bldg. 1410, Rm. 175
Thurs. 12/16 @ 10:00 AM – Engr. Hall, Rm. 1610
Note: Additional sessions may be added depending on demand.
Lastly…F-1 Visa Students: Please review the CPT process outlined on the ISS website. You will need to complete your CPT via Terra Dotta.
After steps 1-3 are completed, ECS staff will be in touch with you regarding internship/co-op course authorization & enrollment. If you have questions in the interim, please email Stephanie Salazar Kann at firstname.lastname@example.org